cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [Kernel2.2] Source Resolving
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:16:30 GMT
On 31 Mar 2004, at 17:52, Ralph Goers wrote:

> Sorry for jumping in,

Jumping in is always good, no matter what, it makes you see things from
different perspectives...

>  and maybe this is what you meant, but the framework
> should supply the resolver framework and then individual resolver
> implementations for the basic protocols (http:, file:, ftp:, etc.).

Oh, yes... I mean, the individual protocol resolvers should absolutely
be individual blocks. I'm just wondering if that kind of source
resolution should be provided by the framework through its interfaces,
or whether it simply should be simply delegated to a block required by
other blocks (same thing works for logging as well).

	Pier