cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Holz <h...@fiz-chemie.de>
Subject Re: [RT] On building on stone
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:59:00 GMT
Jorg Heymans <jh@domek.be> writes:

> - developing the new core will draw developer resources and focus away
> from the 2.1.x branch - right? I know, it's OSS, so i can just jump in
> and fill the gaps where needed. Again makes me nervous.

Developer resources in Open Source projects are fundamentally different
from those in commercial projects. They are directly related to the
fun in programming. So the new core may generate additional resources.

However there are lots of existing cocoon applications so 2.1
will be activly maintained for quite a while,unless all
developers consider migration to 2.2 trivial.

Martin