cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [Kernel2.2] Comments
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:44:52 GMT
On 31 Mar 2004, at 18:43, Hunsberger, Peter wrote:
> Leo Sutic <leo.sutic@inspireinfrastructure.com> writes:
>
> <big snip/>
>
>> My whole argument is that your design will end up being very very
>> complicated and very very hard to develop for, since it
>> provides so few
>> guarantees to block developers. Things like "what code is
>> running", for
>> example.
>
> So if you've got something for which blocks are not suited (like
> perhaps
> SSL, or a DB pool), don't use blocks; use modules or whatever it is
> that
> does give you the contract you want.  The rest of Cocoon isn't going
> away...

Well, I'm actually using the framework to build two things for my
employer: an XML repository backed up by a DataBase (connection pooling
and JDBC connections flying all around) and a HTTP/HTTPS NIO based
(possibly with ESI support) proxy server that we're going to use as a
Cocoon-frontend.

I'll need to come up with some block examples soon before being so
misunderstood! :-)

	Pier