cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: java continuations
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 06:21:30 GMT

Le 29 mars 04, à 19:05, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :

> ...Now what should go in that block: the _flow_ implementations, or
> the class enhancer? I would stay that only the flow implementation has
> its place inside Cocoon's CVS. But finding a more suitable place for
> the enhancer (BCEL, jakarta-commons, codehaus?) may take some time,
> and we may temporarily host in in the javaflow block...

+1, the base continuations stuff certainly deserves a separate
distribution. But there's no hurry, it can live here for a while.

> ...Some people will love JS and be frightened by Java, and some others
> won't consider writing code using a language other than Java...

Agreed, but I still think the "official" focus should be on *one* Flow
language.

It seems like we all agree to declare the java Flow experimental for
now, but we must be careful about the user's perception (which is
reality ;-), by putting big EXPERIMENTAL STUFF signs where needed.

> ...Ah, and would it be possible to use the class enhancer to enable
> continuations in a compiled (as in ".class") JS script? This may help
> us solving the current Rhino issues...

This sounds interesting but I don't get it, can you elaborate about the
"compiled JS" part?
Do you mean using our own JS compiler? At runtime?

-Bertrand