cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Removing Woody
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 21:12:09 GMT
Le Mardi, 9 mars 2004, à 21:58 Europe/Zurich, Tim Larson a écrit :

> ...Why would we tell our users to "eat bugs" until they are ready to
> do a
> full migration?  Why could we not do minor (from an architectural
> standpoint, but not necessarily from the user's view) bug fixes while
> we are still holding the block?  I just don't get the point of this....

IMO the problem in keeping both the woody and forms block "alive" is to
make sure all fixes made to woody are made to forms as well. We already
have two codebases (2.1 and 2.2) to keep in sync "manually", all this
consumes energy.

If someone's willing to take care of this for any woody block changes
that they think are required , fine. But it will become harder and
harder as time goes by, so the sooner we can freeze or remove the woody
block, the easier it will be.

-Bertrand