cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [RT] On building on stone
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:09:07 GMT
Le 24 mars 04, à 18:53, Peter Brant a écrit :

> (also from a normal-developer-user perspective) I agree with Jorg that
> it's
> really nifty to be able to reuse my Cocoon components outside of a
> Cocoon/Web-oriented environment.  It would be great to retain this
> ability regardless
> of the results of this discussion.

If the Cocoon Core becomes sufficiently small and simple (and I believe
it will given the right container), it won't matter much if you use it
without requiring the web features.

IMHO the current perception that Cocoon is a "big thing" is largely due
to the complexity imposed by Avalon, and this will go away with a
simpler container framework. We'll just have to adjust our user's
perceptions once this is realized ;-)

-Bertrand