cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Watch out for viruses originating from the fake support@apache.org address!
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 09:37:04 GMT
On 03 Mar 2004, at 10:19, support@apache.org wrote:

> Dear user of Apache.org gateway e-mail server,
>
> Your  e-mail account has been temporary disabled  because  of
> unauthorized access.

I have been chatting with apmail about this clever social engineering
spam which now unfortunately has been moderated through on the list:
even though it looks legitimate, especially since the ASF is cleaning
out committer accounts with no valid CLA on file as-we-speak, this mail
*is* infected with a virus. I guess it was clear to most of you
already, but please delete this mail immediately.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org