cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [OT?] File upload weirdness on MacOSX
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 11:39:47 GMT

On 4 Mar 2004, at 11:26, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is a bit OT, but I encountered some problems with file uploads on
> MacOSX, using the woody upload sample
> (http://localhost:8888/samples/woody/upload):
>
> - with Safari, no upload happens at all! I checked the incoming
> stream, and the file input is simply not sent.
>
> - with Mozilla, accented letters in filenames are sent as the
> unaccented letter followed by the accent as an XML entity (e.g. "é" is
> sent as "e&#769;", 769 being the unicode for "combining acute
> accent"). Is this notation allowed by the http RFC??
>
> Weird...
>
> Any hints?

I know ... I am way behind with this list !!!

I just tried the Woody Upload sample with cocoon 2.1.4, and it appeared
to work correctly (it showed the uploaded document on the 'success'
screen). I uploaded the file :
	file://localhost/Users/jerm/Development/Libs/Apache/cocoon-2.1.4/
CREDITS.txt

Have not tested Mozilla.

HTH

regards Jeremy