cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: From Woody to CocoonForms
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 13:01:54 GMT
Le Vendredi, 5 mars 2004, à 13:18 Europe/Zurich, Reinhard Pötz a écrit :

> namespaces:
> packages:
> classnames:
> xconf:
> What do you think?

Quite frankly, I think changing implementation-specific names
(packages, classes) is not worth the hassle.

I'd change just the namespaces maybe, assuming they *might* be used for
another implementation besides woody in the future, the block name and
mostly the documentation.

I don't mind keeping woody as the technical name in some places, IMHO
the name change disruption is not worth it.

> ...I don't do the whole transformation at once because I know that I
> don't have enough time. So I hope that some others jump in <hint/>
> ;-)...

And that's a big problem, the risk of having a half-finished renaming
is big if we aim too high.

-Bertrand