cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Rename Rhino-with-continuations packages
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 06:10:09 GMT
Christopher Oliver dijo:
> In order to allow the use of Flowscript on the BEA Weblogic and IBM
> Websphere application servers (and possibly in other environments) I
> propose that we rename the Rhino packages from org.mozilla to
> org.cocoondev. The Rhino codebase used in Cocoon is currently hosted on
> cocoondev.org
> (http://cvs.cocoondev.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/rhino1_5R4pre/?cvsroot=rhino).
> The standard Rhino core in the mozilla.org CVS has been completely
> rewritten since I added the interpreter that supports continuations.
> Therefore it is impossible to move support for continuations to that
> codebase in the short term. However, even if that were possible it would
> not solve the problem of using Flowscript on Weblogic and Websphere,
> because each contains its own forked or old version of Rhino which is
> exposed to the class loader used by Cocoon.
>
> Here is my +1.

Hi Christopher:

This mean another "official" forking of the Rhino engine. That also mean
users of BEA and IBM AS will have 2 flowscript engine there, right? The
current deployed with org.mozilla.* and our one org.cocoondev.*

This can be easily traduced in more memory usage, etc. Is this correct?

Currently, I am -0 because of these concerns.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo