cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Locks within AbstractReadWriteStore
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 00:59:03 GMT
Corin Moss dijo:

> Hi Guys,
>
> When I first started looking at the persistent store I mentioned the
> read/write locks contained within AbstractReadWriteStore as a potential
> issue.  Under load test with the new JCS based store I'm still seeing
> really high iowait usage after about 10-12 hours (similar to what I
> noticed with the JISP based store.)  I suspect that there may indeed be
> a problem somewhere within this part of the store.
>
> The cache is no longer corrupt after the test (it was with the old JISP
> store), but it does still take a long time to get anything written to
> it.

No crash is an enhancement over the older one! Of course we need to see
how to reduce the time you suggest.

> What I'll try and do is perform a similar test, outside of the
> Cocoon environment using the JCS library and see if I can recreate this.

Good idea. It will help us to identify where the problem is.

> I also notice that there's a new release of
> EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent - so I'll have a look at this as well.

Yep: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=107793228100001&r=1&w=2
I hope the upgrade of the util.concurrent can fix this problem.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo