cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Christophe Kermagoret <...@babelobjects.com>
Subject Re: IDE for cocoon with hot code replace
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 05:28:20 GMT
Hi Geoff,

Geoff Howard wrote:

> Jean-Christophe Kermagoret wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have cocoon in Eclipse 3.0M7 with Tomcat 5.0.19.
>

> I've successfully used a different Eclipse (2.1, and M5 I think) and
> Jetty instead but that should be irrelevant.
>
>> I deleted the cocoon-portal.jar and I put the sources instead. When I
>> put a breakpoint, the IDE becomes crazy and shows anything but the
>> real one.
>> If I modify the code, the system asks me to relaunch tomcat...
>

> Sounds like the source is not the same version used to built the jar?

The problem is I have no source for the block I work on anymore. So I
don't understand why Eclipse is not synchronized between the source I
have in my source path and the class Eclipse just compiled.

>> Is it possible to develop cocoon with hot code replacement and
>> debugging ?
>

> Does the wiki on cocoon-eclipse integration have more information on
> this topic?  http://wiki.cocoondev.org

The Wiki only talks about Jetty that doesn't support hot code
replacement (I think).

> Geoff

Jean-christophe