cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Kernel2.2] Comments
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:59:35 GMT
Leo Sutic wrote:

>>> 9. Identifier.java
>>>
>>>    *
>>>
>>>    Does this mean that all Blocks are automatically mapped into a
>
> URL
>
>>>space?
>>
>>All blocks have a unique identifier. And this list agreed that each
>>block identifier will assume the requirements specified in the
>>Identifier interface.
>

> Yes, I'm with you so far. But what does the URL really signify?

It's a URI, not necessarely a URL.

> What if I put the URL into my web browser? Will I download the block? Or?

eheh, just like everybody else, we don't know :-)

But the idea is to have an RDDL-like descriptor that the block deployer
can use as metadata and infer information from it (like external
dependencies and those type of things).

I'm typing this from the HP Labs in Bristol where the entire semantic
web activity is hosted, so I hear the walls say "use RDF, use RDF" like
mermaids to Ulisses, but that's a story for another day ;-)

--
Stefano.