cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <>
Subject Re: [cforms] Repeater Binding Revisited.
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:39:02 GMT

Tim Larson wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 12:24:55AM +0200, Marc Portier wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>Long due, but here goes...
>>Over time our RepeaterBinding has been reported as behaving 'odd' and as
>>'not expected', in the best cases some argumentation could bend those
>>into 'unobvious'...
>>The brave among us probably just patch the beast or make their own
>>'SimpleRepeaterBinding' and go on with their job...
> Marc, could you also consider the "virtual rows" concept that is shown
> in the TempRepeaterBinding? You can look at the Form Model GUI to see
> how it is used. I do not care what it is called, and if you have a
> better solution I am all ears.
> --Tim Larson

thx chap, I did miss that!
In fact when reading the postings I'm still missing it :-(

care to clarify or should I just hit the code?

PS: sudden idea: widgets have recently been attribute-enabled, sounds
like something we could use to hook in some 'item-identity' on the
row-level (argh, or fix the row class so it can just store that
member!... hm, have to think some more)
Marc Portier
Read my weblog at

View raw message