cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject business questions on opensource lists (was Re: java continuations)
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:05:01 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

>>>Even though commercial issues are the last thing that matters here on this list
it is something that should not be forgotten as if the commerce gets
>>>interest in cocoon it could provide additional resources for the project.
>>>

>>You're wrong, mate! Apache is a mix of personal and business interests, and a lot
of people around there are making a living with Cocoon. So Cocoon features that help it to
be adopted by more customers are most than welcome ;-)

> just got this impression after asking 2 strictly commercial question on users group and
got something like: buzz off, figure it out yourself we're open sourcing here.

Ah yes, that's true that we don't directly discuss business here, but
I'm surprised that people were pissed because of this kind of question.
I guess most of the people doing their living with Cocoon are on this
list, but it's also not really the place for business discussions.

Nicola Ken long ago started a list about opensource-related business,
but I don't remember its address.

Sylvain