cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] default exclusion of unstable blocks on release
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:27:28 GMT
As brought up on the javaflow-block discussion
it seems like the warning header on build time
is not good enough to give the right perception
of the status of unstable blocks.

So on one hand default *inclusion* makes sure
the code at least compiles and helps to keep
everything running smoothly.

On the other hand this give the perception
that the unstable stuff is already ready
for for production.

So first I though disabling all unstable blocks
would be the best choice. But what about this:

In the HEAD branch we enable all the unstable
blocks by default and on a release we disable
all of them.

Everyone using HEAD should know how to enable
and disable blocks and also should be aware of
it's status.

WDYT?
--
Torsten