cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move javaflow into scratchpad was RE: cvs commit:cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/javaflow
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:18:12 GMT

Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Stephan Michels dijo:
>
>>Okay here another vote(and I wait more than 24h)
>>
>>Move java into scratchpad?
>>
>>[X] Move it into scratchpad
>>[ ] Leave it where it is
>>[ ] Rename it to _______
>

> There is not JavascriptFlow Block.

Antonio,
While I share your feeling for simmetry and the wish to treath equal
things in an equal manner...

and I respect your opinion in this matter

However, this is precisely the kind of future discussions I was hinting
about in my short-term/pragmatic reasoning earlier

To put it bluntly:
this is not a vote on the position of javascript, is it?

<snip/>

> I think it is a big improvement and thanks both of you. Mainly because I
> hope we will see the born of future implementations in diferent languages.
> What at first sight can looks like a "balkanization" [(TM) by Stefano] is
> good because allow people not Java (or Javascript) oriented to jump in the
> Cocoon way. And this is good.

I honnestly hope that the future will prove this,
However, I just don't think this hope is a basis for the scratchpad
decission

> Best Regards,
>
> Antonio Gallardo

regards,