cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <>
Subject Re: Subversion support on eclipse
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:52:37 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Gianugo Rabellino dijo:
>>>-1 on dir structure, cvs hastle would kinda prevent blocks of becoming
>>>stable, right?
>>Right (how I wish that we would switch to Subversion anytime soon...).
> Hi:
> I am waiting for Fedora Core 2 with Subversion included! When it happens I
> will push too for the Subversion usage. :-)

Well, I feel a bit like an old aunt sitting on the porch and muttering
about the good old times, but I really feel at loss when I see what is
supposedly the cream of the crop of techies around the world becoming
sissies when a far better technology isn't supported in their favorite
GUI... I really fail to see why the most important Subversion migration
issue is lack of support in the IDE.

Actually, as a CLI diehard I'm used to fire Eclipse only for seriously
tangled stuff or for debugging: my typical development environment is
CLI-based anyway (vim+ant+cvs/svn) so I might be biased but, ah, the
good old times when Real Programmers did punched cards... :-)))

Gianugo Rabellino
Pro-netics s.r.l. -
Orixo, the XML business alliance -
     (Blogging at: