cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move javaflow into scratchpad was RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/javaflow
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:32:34 GMT

Stephan Michels wrote:

> [ ] Move it into scratchpad
> [X] Leave it where it is
> [ ] Rename it to _______

my argumentation is primarily short-term/pragmatic:

starting at two observations:
1/ this is cool stuff and as far as I can see the reactions just about
everyone here is salivating and wants to interact with that code

2/ the block-unit is the only thing our current infrastructure is
offering to efficiently and atomically snap in and out certain functionality

Taking this pragmatic view I can't see but a lot of similarity between
this block and a lot of others...

IMHO, were this block will take us in the future is not the question
here and now..

regards,
-marc=