cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Unstable stuff (was: Re: [VOTE] Move javaflow into scratchpad)
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:22:45 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 30 mars 04, à 09:45, Gianugo Rabellino a écrit :
>
>> ...(though what I'd really like to see is a more clean separation of
>> stable/unstable blocks, possibly with a clear directory hierarchy
>> (src/blocks/stable, src/blocks/unstable), a default commented out
>> unstable.blocks.properties that Joe User *has* to read to compile such
>> stuff and some more warning around...
>

> Maybe just naming the block "scratchpad-javaflow" would do?
>
> This would avoid the mess of adding yet more stuff to the current
> scratchpad block, yet make it very clear what's going on.

Well, actually my point is about user awareness. Today you just download
Cocoon, read the docs, type ./build.sh and see some fast-scrolling
messages muttering about unstable stuff, and that's it. I'm thinking of
something more specific that forces the user to know what she's doing. A
different property/target (./build.sh -Dinclude.unstable=true)? A
different file to edit (local.unstable.block.properties)? Everything
would do: but clearly a message that scrolls during the build is not enough.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
     (Blogging at: http://www.rabellino.it/blog/)