cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move javaflow into scratchpad was RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/javaflow
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:20:26 GMT

Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> Stephan Michels wrote:
>>> Hey, no problem - Stephan already contacted me and I think we have
>>> sorted everything out - if there was something to sort out at all
>>> between us. Now, as I still think that a new block gives the wrong
>>> impression
>>> (which user really reads that it's alpha?) I would prefer the
>>> scratchpad. I suggested to Stephan to start a vote about the place
>>> (block or scratchpad) and the majority wins. So everyone is happy
>>> and we all can enjoy the spring sun.
>> Thank you that you didn't take it wrong :)
>> Okay here another vote(and I wait more than 24h)
>> Move java into scratchpad?
>> [ ] Move it into scratchpad
>> [+1] Leave it where it is
>> [ ] Rename it to _______
> (though what I'd really like to see is a more clean separation of
> stable/unstable blocks, possibly with a clear directory hierarchy
> (src/blocks/stable, src/blocks/unstable), a default commented out

-1 on dir structure, cvs hastle would kinda prevent blocks of becoming
stable, right?

> that Joe User *has* to read to compile such
> stuff and some more warning around...

just an idea popping up: why not reverse the default exclude.block.XXX
setting for the unstable ones?

then people will need to enable those and thus be more explicitely

Marc Portier
Read my weblog at

View raw message