cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [cforms] Custom Binding.
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 06:45:44 GMT

Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 29.03.2004 16:06, Marc Portier wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I recetly experienced the need for a nice and clean introduction of a
>> custom binding class for the cforms.
>> The idea would be to have an all Java alternative to the flexibility
>> one gets from the <fb:javascript> binding.
>>

>> Currently I see two ways of operating this:
>>
>> 1/ Custom Binding Class
>>
>> 2/ Custom Binding Builder
>

> But isn't this just about moving the conf from cocoon.xconf to binding
> file (what I would not like for SoC reasons)?

hm, for the @builder case you have a point
but the @class case behaves different IMHO, and like Sylvain points out
releaves the pain of needing to write a builder

hm, if SoC is the argument, then shouldn't we consider the who is doing
what discussion?

my feeling is that touching the xconf is out of question to a lot of
users? They could easily write up a custom-binding and be glad they
never need to learn about the xconf in the first place?

-marc=