cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <>
Subject Re: java continuations
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:21:23 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> We only want to have one flow implementation (language), which is
> Javascript. If we put the Java version as a block in our CVS, it
> immediately looks like that if we would have two and more implementations
> or even worse, that the JavaScript implementation was a mistake.
> And then the confusion about "Which one should I use?", "Which
> one is better?", "How long is the JavaScript impl. supported?" etc.
> starts. And I would really like to avoid this.

I've been disconnected for a couple months, when was it decided that "we only want to have
one flow
implementation" ?

Additionally, I can't see how it would be confusing if we put it in a block, mark it unstable
experimental, and put a note stating clearly so, since that's precisely what it is.

> It's ok for me, to evaluate the Java Continuations and decide later
> which version to support (with a clear migration path if required),
> so I would prefer to put it somewhere else (sf, cocoondev etc.).
> If everyone else wants to have it directly in our cocoon cvs then
> I would prefer the scratchpad block.

IMO the best way to evaluate it and see if it's worthwhile is exactly by putting it in our
CVS, so I
can't see any problem housing it in the scratchpad.  If it becomes strong enough on its own
become a separate project, then I would not have any qualms about wanting to move the Java

continuations stuff to SF or a separate project housing place.

> Carsten

View raw message