cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Linotype
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2004 16:02:46 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> Ugo Cei wrote:
>> 1. remove the ad-hoc authentication system and use container-based
>> authentication;
>

> Hm... you'd have to configure the container
> for authentication :-/ don't know

Yes, I already did it. Now I just need to remove all the code dealing
with authentication from the flowscript. Do you see a problem with that?
I only see benefits:

- less code to maintain
- possibility of using different user repositories (file, JDBC, LDAP,
...) via standard inderfaces
- Single Sign-On

>> 2. change the format of entries to something more standard, possibly
>> Atom;
>

> Isn't that a question of the right stylesheet?

You have to store items in some form or another, even if you can use
XSL-T to transform them to something else later. I'm proposing to use
something standard, again (Atom or RSS) instead of a made-up markup.

> Would also be good to eat our own dog food.

That is one of my motivations also.

	Ugo