cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Guido Casper <>
Subject Re: Linotype
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2004 15:31:52 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:
> Fellow Cocooners,
> after having neglected my weblog for a long time, I'm starting to feel
> the urge to blog again, but I want to use a better software than the
> homegrown thing I was using before. So I started looking into Linotype
> again and decided that it is in need of quite a large refactoring. This
> is my plan of action, if nobody objects:
> 1. remove the ad-hoc authentication system and use container-based
> authentication;
> 2. change the format of entries to something more standard, possibly Atom;
> 3. finish Gianugo's move to a Source-based repository.

Concerning the repository ... I just committed another repository
interface :-) that tries to be a best effort in consolidating all the
different approaches and accommodating all concerns in a flexible way
(by having opional helpers for property management, versoning and
transaction management).

Like suggested in this thread

the approach does not intend to build upon the source interface but to
provide an interface for different repository implementations (on top of
which a RepositorySource might be implemented).

I'll try to come up with a first cut of an implementation for a WebDAV
repository by the end of next weekend.

> 4. add all the missing features.
>     Comments, anyone?
>         Ugo