cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: I18n transformer and JXTemplates
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2004 15:19:45 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

>                 <map:transform type="i18n">

> If the values in the catalog contain things like <jx:out
> value="${request:xxxx}"/> the I18n transformer will replace
> {request:xxxx} with nothing leaving only the $ as the value.  So what
> we'd like to know is if there is any way to keep the I18n transformer
> from replacing these so they can be processed by the
> JXTemplateGenerator.  If not, I'd be happy to create a patch to allow
> it if someone has a good idea on a good approach.

i18n parameters processing happens in ParamSaxBuffer.java. Currently, it
has no escaping syntax, and has one bug with consecutive characters
events (see FIXME).

Currently, I see several ways of approaching this problem:

1. Catalog - level parameters processing enable/disable switch. When
parameters are disabled, SaxBuffer should be used instead of
ParamSaxBuffer in XMLResourceBundle.java
2. Message - level switch, same XMLResourceBundle.java
3. Escaping syntax added to the ParamSaxBuffer.java

Either one, or all three ways can be implemented. If you also fix a
mentioned bug in ParamSaxBuffer - even better.

Vadim