cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What can I do?
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:12:05 GMT
Tim Larson wrote:

>On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 08:52:21AM -0500, Brian McCallister wrote:
>

>>Hi all, been hanging out a long time and am now using Cocoon in
>>production for a few apps, and cannot imagine going back to ye olde
>>way.
>>

>Welcome.
>

>>What can I do to help out? (ie -- any pointers on what needs doing and
>>no one has stepped up to plate for).
>>

>Create a development/live toggle for Cocoon:
>  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=105347757500001&r=1&w=2

FYI, the "check-reload" was present in the original compiled sitemap
engine, and I purposedly ignored it when writing the TreeProcessor, as
there are many many places in Cocoon where automatic reload is _always_
performed, and I didn't see why the sitemap engine should have been an
exception.

Strangely, someone (don't know who) reintroduced this "feature" in the
TreeProcessor. I really think this is useless and propose to remove it.

As for automatic subsitemap mounts, you should consider the mount-table
matcher which was written exactly for that purpose.

Sylvain