cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <>
Subject Re: What can I do?
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:29:12 GMT
Tim Larson wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 08:52:21AM -0500, Brian McCallister wrote:
>>Hi all, been hanging out a long time and am now using Cocoon in
>>production for a few apps, and cannot imagine going back to ye olde
> Welcome.
>>What can I do to help out? (ie -- any pointers on what needs doing and
>>no one has stepped up to plate for).
> Create a development/live toggle for Cocoon:

Of course a lot of what was missing from Xpatch during that thread has since
been added (see wiki). The xpatch now has if and unless ant-style properties
which react on either an ant property or a node's existence in the target file,
as well as property-expansion.

What is still missing and would be helpful (and pretty dead easy I think) would
be to allow build-time switching user build properties and blocks properties.
I.e., instead of always using, allow something like
-Dproperties.prefix=live which would cause the build to use instead.  Actually, that's probably a two liner in

View raw message