cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Saxon 7.9 with Cocoon?
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:05:34 GMT
Andrzej Jan Taramina wrote:

>I've been trying to switch our Cocoon (2.1.4) application from using the
>latest Xalan over to using Saxon 7.9 to try and improve XSLT performance.
>
>The problem I am running into is that I keep getting a Saxon exception being
>thrown saying that the Saxon DOM implementation cannot be updated (it's read-
>only).
>
>Has anyone managed to get around this and get Cocoon 2.1.4 working using
>Saxon 7.9 as the default XSLT processor?
>
>If so, how did you do this?  Did you replace the Saxon DOM implementation
>(and if so, how)?

I remember having such problems with older versions of Saxon, and the
culprit was the AElfred parser that comes bundled with Saxon which is
limited to saxon's needs (hence why it's read-only).

Two trick solve the problem:
- remove the META-INF/services/java.xml.parsers.* files in the saxon jar
- rename saxon.jar to zsaxon.jar so that it comes after xerces in the
classpath (highly servlet engine dependent though).

Hope this helps.

Sylvain