cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: The XML declaration may only appear at the very beginning of the document
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 02:14:15 GMT
On 23.03.2004 23:48, Lyteck Lynhiavu wrote:

> I am trying to publish xml to pdf. the process is established and works most
> of the time.
>
> Would someone know why I sometimes get the cocoon error "The XML declaration
> may only appear at the very beginning of the document." on perfecly valid
> XML?

Unfortunately that's very unspecific, so I also can you only tell
unspecificly that for what ever reason sometimes you have some trash in
front of the XML declaration. I guess you first have to make it
reproducable and after this do some debugging what exactly comes in.

> I hope this is a common enough error with a resolution?

No, I heard the first time of it. Of course the error message itself is
known, but that is normally caused by the developer. I don't know of an
error that occurs only sporadically.

> The cocoon server is Windows to which I am supplying zipped xml/jpgs
> remotely via the browser. I don't have much information beyond that.

You upload the files and process them in the pipeline? How does the
sitemap look like?

Joerg