cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/tools/src blocks-build.xsl
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 00:53:50 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 23.03.2004 20:23, stephan@apache.org wrote:
>
>> stephan     2004/03/23 11:23:07
>>
>>   Modified:    tools/src blocks-build.xsl
>>   Log:
>>   Allow to share codebase to other blocks.
>

>>            <pathelement
>> location="${{build.blocks}}/{$block-name}/mocks"/>
>>   +        <pathelement location="${{build.blocks}}/{$block-name}/dest"/>
>>   +        <pathelement
>> location="${{build.blocks}}/{$block-name}/samples"/>
>>            <xsl:for-each select="$cocoon-block-dependencies">
>>              <path
>> refid="{substring-after(@project,'cocoon-block-')}.classpath"/>
>>            </xsl:for-each>
>

> This was the reason for the common classpath, wasn't it? I wanted to
> have a look on it after having reverted the common classpath, but I
> guess that's no longer needed. Thanks for it. BTW, which block depends
> on other block's samples?

Not sure if this is what you mean, but there are some interdependencies between
block samples involving (I think) database, hsql, eventcache, jms, and maybe
repository.  No block depends outright on samples, but samples do depend on
other blocks where the dependency disappears without the samples.  I would
prefer to see some conditional build steps to allow "soft" dependencies for
samples and even optional pieces of code.  IOW, some bits are included if the
dependency is met, otherwise not.

Geoff