cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Less is more... or less?
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:29:32 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> So less is less when you have more on the *same* object accessed
> directly in Java.

Sylvain,

less is more when all the things that you removed were not helping, not
always.

The "less is more" design approach is a process, not a solution.

Instead of putting everything in FOM and deprecate bad ideas later, we
opted for a process where we start small and add thing incrementally.

It might result that we end up making FOM a java clone of the java APIs
we provide. If the community requires so, great, wonderful.

The point is that it has been done with a process that made it appear
why we needed that, instead of just cloning over.

This means: if you think there is something missing in FOM or has to
change, ask for a vote to add it, at that point, you'll find resistance
and people might suggest better ways to do what you had in mind, or not.

Doesn't matter the outcome, it's the community process that counts.

In *that* regard, less is always more.

--
Stefano.