cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FYI: New Sitemap Treeprocessor for 2.2
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:42:48 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Hi,
>
>to avoid double efforts in the same area, I just wanted to inform you that I will try
to write a new tree processor for 2.2 in the next few days.

>Why? There are several reasons:
>- Reverting to ECM in 2.2 requires some changes to the tree processor used in 2.1.x anyway

Curious : are these changes those related to the changes on Environment,
or are there more?

>- Implementing Virtual Sitemap Components
>- Implementing Inheritance of Views

I do have some ideas about this and am willing to participate. Where do
we start?

>- Being Container Independent

Is it really possible? There needs to be some dependency on the
container somehow to create and fill it, no?

>- Adding a profiling/debugging api

Cool. It would be good for this API not to be limited to the sitemap
only, but also be able to include other components such as JXTemplate,
XSP, CForms, etc.

>So, apart from reverting to ECM, I will start to implement some of the new features we
planned for 2.2. Please note that we haven't discussed all points from above in detail but
I think it's easier to discuss on an implementation base instead of duing endless discussions.

>I will try to reuse as much as possible from both tree processors (2.1 and 2.2). And I
hope to come up with a working solution by the end of next week.

With all features? That's quick!

Sylvain