cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] The right container for 2.2
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:18:46 GMT
>> So, it seems, the best way to move forward and get into blocks
>> development is to revert to ECM in 2.2 for now. This is a very
>> simple work as 2.2 is container independent. It would 2.2 make
>> immediately usable and compatible to 2.1.x and we could focus
>> our development effort on blocks - which is imho more important
>> than focusing it on container development.

...from what I remember from the discussion, ECM was
not very well suited for the whole blocks implementation.
So I do see this issue related.

I don't really know if reverting will get us somewhere we
want to be. But in fact Fortress seems not to be a smart
choice anymore.

I'd prefer to see where we are going before going anywhere.

So I am currently -0 for reverting to ECM

Eager to see what Pier and Stefano will bring up
--
Torsten