cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <>
Subject Re: JXTG weirdo
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:55:27 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>> Perhaps what is needed is for JXTG to have a parameterized
>> "ContextBuilder" that can set up its variable context differently
>> depending on whether it is called from sendPage*() (in which case it
>> provides access to the FOM) or not (in which case it only provides
>> access to the Request/Session/Context - and/or other objects...)
> Seems a good idea. There should be no difference from the template POV
> on the availability of non-flow data (request, session, etc) whether the
> template is called by a flowscript or not.

Yup. And not only that: I'm starting to think that JXT could be useful
even outside Cocoon, as a generic way to script JXPath/Jexl. Would it
make sense to factor the "language" in a generic POJO/Component with
JXTG being just a glue?

Gianugo Rabellino
Pro-netics s.r.l. -
Orixo, the XML business alliance -