cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <>
Subject Re: JXTG weirdo
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:40:13 GMT
The problem (I think) is that he is trying to use JXTG in a pipeline
called from the Form constructor, e.g.

  var form = new Form("cocoon:/whatever");

However, the "cocoon" variable in JXTG is only set up when the pipeline
is called from a Flowscript via cocoon.sendPage*().

Vadim raised this issue a while ago and Carsten mentioned he was
planning to do something about it. Carsten, what's the status of that?

Perhaps what is needed is for JXTG to have a parameterized
"ContextBuilder" that can set up its variable context differently
depending on whether it is called from sendPage*() (in which case it
provides access to the FOM) or not (in which case it only provides
access to the Request/Session/Context - and/or other objects...)

Ugo Cei wrote:

> Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>> Yup, problem is that you can't generate a form definition this way,
>> since the woody.js call expects a pipeline (as in new
>> Form("something")), and doesn't accept a bizData object. Too bad.
> I'm not sure I'm following you here. Can't you do form.showForm(uri,
> bizData)? Or do you mean something else?
>     Ugo

View raw message