cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Guido Casper <gcas...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Re: WebDAV status in cocoon
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:54:55 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> Unico Hommes wrote:
>
>> I was thinking specifically regarding the choice between Cocoon and
>> Slide as a WebDAV server, but I think Slide is the better choice over
>> mod_dav/catacomb as well. Simply because it supports more WebDAV
>> (DACL, Binding) in a more flexible way. It has an interception
>> mechanism which I currently use to publish cache invalidation events
>> to a JMS topic with. It has a pluggable storage system that allows you
>> to plugin a custom store. There is a lively community actively
>> implementing the latest WebDAV specifications.
>

> Thank you. I had fought with the installation of Slide 2.0beta1 and,
> apart from the problem with MacOSX, the installation docs didn't seem to
> be either clear or updated, so I decided to try mod_dav, which proved to
> be a more pleasant experience, since it worked right out of the box
> (these days I tend to disregard products that don't work at the first
> try). But after hearing this, I'll give Slide another try.

If mod_dav (only supporting basic WebDAV) suits your functional needs it
certainly is your best bet.

However since Slide has much more to offer and has matured a lot during
the past months (and hopefully continues to do so), gathering experience
with it and helping testing and further stabilizing is not the worst
thing to do IMO :-)

Guido

--
Guido Casper