cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: WebDAV status in cocoon
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:44:31 GMT

Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote on 17-3-2004 15:54:

> On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Unico Hommes wrote:
>

>>Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote on 17-3-2004 15:26:
>>

>>>client.  In particular, I simply wasn't able to get Windows XP
>>>to work with slide which, unfortunately, was a must for me.
>>
>>There are known issues on with windows webfolders but this is not
>>due to Slide.
>

> Agreed.  However, lack of interoperability significantly limits the
> possible use of slide.  It would be useful if slide could accomodate
> the shortcomings of the windows webdav implementation.
>

>>>I simply couldn't get the cocoon slide block to work.
>>
>>Could you give more details as to what went wrong? Did the samples
>>not work?
>

> It compiled fine.  I could upload and download files.  I could
> create collections and navigate through them.  I could not
> view any of the files (error:  Could not display content)

OK, this functionality is dubious. The Slide samples are a
administration application for Slide. Creating and displaying files and
collections is better done via WebDAV. That said, I see there was a
problem with displaying content. It's fixed now for common file types
such as plain text and xml.

> or figure
> out a way of downloading them.

There is a README in the slide block that tells you how to configure the
  Slide WebDAV servlet. It is really easy, just uncomment the Slide
servlet in web.xml and access the slide repository via
http://localhost:8888/webdav/ (note there is a problem with the html
directory listing not resolving the path links but this is a minor issue
that has been solved recently in Slide CVS IIRC).

 > I could not establish a lock (error:
 > null pointer exception).

Adding a lock involves choosing a correct subject (such as /users/john)
and a certain lock type (such as /actions/write). The form in admin app
for these had text fields for these. Putting a wrong value for any of
these results in an NPE. I've changed these two text fields to selection
lists so it is more obvious what the intended field values are.

Note that while testing all this I ran into a problem with the flow in
the current CVS (see other thread). This means that currently the Slide
samples are broken (and probably a lot more) so I would suggest waiting
with trying to update until this is fixed (if anyone was planning to do
of course).

--
Unico