cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: WebDAV status in cocoon
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:14:02 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:
> I was thinking specifically regarding the choice between Cocoon and
> Slide as a WebDAV server, but I think Slide is the better choice over
> mod_dav/catacomb as well. Simply because it supports more WebDAV (DACL,
> Binding) in a more flexible way. It has an interception mechanism which
> I currently use to publish cache invalidation events to a JMS topic
> with. It has a pluggable storage system that allows you to plugin a
> custom store. There is a lively community actively implementing the
> latest WebDAV specifications.

Thank you. I had fought with the installation of Slide 2.0beta1 and,
apart from the problem with MacOSX, the installation docs didn't seem to
be either clear or updated, so I decided to try mod_dav, which proved to
be a more pleasant experience, since it worked right out of the box
(these days I tend to disregard products that don't work at the first
try). But after hearing this, I'll give Slide another try.

	Ugo