cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: WebDAV status in cocoon
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:01:10 GMT

Ugo Cei wrote on 17-3-2004 13:42:

> Unico Hommes wrote:
>
>> Johann Romefort wrote on 17-3-2004 12:04:
>>
>>> I m about to choose a WebDAV server in the next days, because of
>>> strong needs in ACL / Versionning/ Locking
>>> on document. So here is my question : what is the current status of
>>> WebDAV in Cocoon? Also what is the status
>>> of the Slide integration?
>>
>> When choosing a WebDAV server by far Slide is your best bet. The
>> davmap samples in Cocoon are working pretty well but nothing like
>> versioning, acl and locking is in the planning AFAIK.
>

> Can you please elaborate on why Slide is the best choice, especially
> with respect to Apache 2.0? I'd like to use Slide but at present it does
> not interoperate well with the Finder of MacOSX, while Apache does.

I was thinking specifically regarding the choice between Cocoon and
Slide as a WebDAV server, but I think Slide is the better choice over
mod_dav/catacomb as well. Simply because it supports more WebDAV (DACL,
Binding) in a more flexible way. It has an interception mechanism which
I currently use to publish cache invalidation events to a JMS topic
with. It has a pluggable storage system that allows you to plugin a
custom store. There is a lively community actively implementing the
latest WebDAV specifications.

--
Unico