cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject JXTG weirdo
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:55:18 GMT
Today I got stuck using JXTG in what I thought would have been a quite
common use case. I have to generate a cforms definition file (a
selection list, actually) which is dynamically built from a bean that
returns a Map.

This beans (which, BTW, is an Avalon component) resides in the session,
so I thought that something along
${cocoon.session.getAtttribute('mybean').getMap()} or the equivalent
#{$cocoon/session/attribute['mybean']/map} would have done the trick,
but indeed that wasn't the case. I thought that there was something
weird with the cocoon.session part, since is FOM bases and flow was
involved only to a certain extent, so I resorted to a sitemap parameter:

<map:parameter name="mybean" value="{session-attr:mybean}"/>

but even this one seems unwilling to behave as I expected. The thing is
that if I try just ${cocoon} I can see my parameter=MyBean there, and if
I try ${cocoon.parameters.mybean} I indeed get a MyBean@whatever, so the
object is there (pardon my funky syntax: I'm writing on a bus and don't
have the actual code in front of me, please consider that I *think* I'm
using a correct syntax. However, I'm still unable to access any accessor
of my object: all I get is an empty evaluation that carries a
firghtening nothing using Jexl syntax, and a non-existent path using
JXPath's. I feel I'm doing something *horribly* wrong, but ATM I'm out
of ideas. Any suggestions?

--
Gianugo Rabellino
     (Blogging at: http://www.rabellino.it/blog/)