cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Response to workflow
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:00:02 GMT
Johan Stuyts wrote:

> Conclusion
> ----------
> IMHO there should be more consensus about what is needed and what is
> feasible in a relatively short time, e.g. half a year to a year.
>
> I think building a generalized workflow based on a standard is too
> ambitious. Leaving out some more complex constructs decreases
> usability. It might be an option to choose a (proper) subset of a
> standard with which a large percentage (definitely more than 80%.
> Having to resort to another solution in one of four situations is not
> acceptable) of use cases can be implemented.

I would suggest to start on an existing code base, e.g. Lenya or
whatever, make
an appropriate Cocoon block out of it (there had been a list of
requirements to meet)
and start from there. Else I guess discussions just keep going forever ;-)

The existing code base might not satisfy everybody, but at least it's
something
concrete to start with, even if it will be totally modified resp.
refactored in the end.

Michi

--
Michael Wechner