cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: JSPGenerator Error for <map:aggregate>
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2004 18:49:13 GMT
On 05.03.2004 03:21, LAU Sze Sze (ECC) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing this problem for a long time and is not able to solve it.
> When I aggregate a jsp file within the <map:aggregate>, I can get the
> following error:
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception
> JSPGenerator.generate(): java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:
> String index out of range: -1
>
> cause: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of
> range: -1

> I am using cocoon 2.1.4. Thanks for your help and looking forward to
> your reply soon.

I remember having patched the source resolving of the JSPGenerator for
hadnling exactly that case: using cocoon:/ should work as long as you
don't use a path but only a file name after the protocol (cocoon:/login
should work, while cocoon:/path/login should not).

Now I do not really know where it's failing for you exactly. Can you
provide a few lines of the stacktrace please? And for the correct
version: you are using the release of Cocoon 2.1.4?

BTW, I don't get our JSP samples running in Tomcat 4.1.24, while they
work in Tomcat 5.0.18. Javac throws following non-expressive exception:

Original Exception: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile
class for JSP

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Don't know since when the samples are broken, but after Unico's JSP
refactoring they worked.

Joerg