cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Maven (or something similar) for dependencies? (Was: Cocoon's Rhino+continuations fork)
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 22:59:12 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:

> Yes, that's the point indeed.  ASL is supposed to be a business-friendly
> license.  If Cocoon uses distribution-time tricks to technically comply
> with the ASL but in the process nullifies its intent for some users, we
> have failed IMO.

Geoff, we already comply with the license.

It's just that Brian is afraid that the ASF can be sued back for
"unfaithfull labelling" if some of our users is sued because they tought
that "everything" was simply under the ASF license.

I personally think that if there is a problem of "unfaithfull labeling"
we just have to clarify the label, not stop selling the product entirely!

but I'm not who decides these things and I'm not lawyer.

--
Stefano.