cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Using Maven (or something similar) for dependencies? (Was: Co coon's Rhino+continuations fork)
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 22:12:05 GMT
On 12.03.2004 17:54, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> Wait, wait, wait... from what I understand you may!
> ...but *you* would have take care to respect all the
> licenses that are included in this redistribution
> by *yourself*! Seems like the ASF wants to step back
> not covering the risk anymore.

But if that's true what's the right to exist for the ASF from just the
legal point of view? They break exactly this part what made it popular
to use Apache stuff: mostly no risk through any legal issues.

These copyright and license issues can really jam all the (open source)
software development - but what happens when they introduce software
patents additionally in Europe?

Joerg