cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rhino
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:39:51 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> After yesterday's message from Brian Behlendorf, and reviewing the mozilla
> license, it seems pretty clear that Cocoon 2.1.x is covered under the
> Mozilla license rather than apache's by its inclusion of Rhino.  Since I
> have seen no responses here to his message I have to assume that discussions
> must be going on in the background.  I'd appreciate some feedback here as it
> appears the only current way to resolve this is to remove Rhino from Cocoon.

Ralph,

the worst case scenario is that cocoon will ship without rhino and a
script will download it for you at installation time. This would
obviously saturate cocoon-dev.org's pipe (since we can't use the ASF
infrastructure system to distribute non-ASF stuff) so we are working
hard to avoid this and find a much better solution.

the best case scenario is that our continuations patches get merged with
the official rhino version and that the ASF finds a policy that allows
us to keep distributing it or mozilla relicenses it.

Do not worry, there is intense activity in the background and I am
confident that we'll have very good outcomes out of this discussion.

--
Stefano.