cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/tools/src/anttasks XConfToolTask.java
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:06:10 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>>executed in

>>>No, one patch after the other was applied previously. The
>>>

>>order of the
>>

>>>dependencies was used to define the order of the patches to be
>>>applied.
>>>So, if the dependencies were correctly set, no problem could occur.
>>>

>>Where do you take this from?
>>

>Because I did it :)
>
>>From what I see at [1] there was
>

>>exactly one patch-conf target, for the dependencies we would
>>need one target for every cocoon block. Or do I miss something?
>>

>Actually, I don't know anymore...I only know before I change that,
>the dependencies weren't preserved, with the changes it worked
>very well.
>But that's the past anyway :)

Ok I understand now. There is only one global patch-conf target and it
preserves dependencies. So my previous assertion that the problem with
session-fw dependency needed a change in the build system was incorrect.
It should have been just a matter of declaring the correct dependency.
Check.

Now should the changes to XConfToolTask be rolled back? I think so,
unless it has other advantages.

--
Unico