cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Using Maven (or something similar) for dependencies? (Was: Cocoon's Rhino+continuations fork)
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:24:09 GMT
On 12.03.2004 13:14, Geoff Howard wrote:

> Isn't this missing the whole point of the current licensing discussion?
> If we cook up a system that allows us to create and distribute cocoon
> but that product now cannot be used to build a commercial application
> without questions of further license requirements (source code
> availability, etc.) have we served our users well?

That's exactly the problem I have with this library system. Isn't Apache
stuff that common because of its ease of use? I don't want to do license
checking for every dependent project I get from somewhere. Moving this
to the users is just a poor move and should be avoided if possible. It's
not just about downloading one more JAR.

Joerg