cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Using Maven (or something similar) for dependencies? (Was: Cocoon's Rhino+continuations fork)
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:14:41 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Sounds like the way to go, intelligently downloading dependencies from
> some non-ASF repository should solve most, maybe all of the licensing
> problems, and help make Cocoon more lightweight for many uses.
>
> IIRC last time this was discussed the debate quickly moved to a heated
> discussion on the relative merits of Maven and other similar tools -
> if we're going to discuss this again, we must be careful to focus on
> the goals rather than on the tools!

Isn't this missing the whole point of the current licensing discussion?
If we cook up a system that allows us to create and distribute cocoon
but that product now cannot be used to build a commercial application
without questions of further license requirements (source code
availability, etc.) have we served our users well?

Geoff