cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/tools/src/anttasks XConfToolTask.java
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:53:46 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 11.03.2004 16:11, stephan@apache.org wrote:
>
>> stephan     2004/03/11 07:11:10
>>
>>   Modified:    tools/src/anttasks XConfToolTask.java
>>   Log:
>>   Retry to apply patches, which depends on each other.
>

> I really wonder why we re-implement the dependency resolving into a
> task (how simple it might be) when Ant does it for us. That the
> patching did not work until now was probably caused by missing
> dependencies on target level, was it not? That means
> patch-session-fw-block did not depend on patch-xsp-block, though
> session-fw block is dependent on xsp block. I think this should be
> fixed in the generated blocks-build.xml and so in the stylesheet
> generating this file, not in the patch task. This also probably lowers
> the reusability of this task.

I thought that previously all xpatches for all blocks were executed in
one go instead of separately and respecting dependency order. And that
this was the root of the problem. But I am not sure. I also would prefer
using the dependency information to dynamically arrange patch order instead.

--
Unico